Pixelmator 2.2 with Vector Tools, Light Leak effect and more
- May 09, 2013
Today the Pixelmator Team released Pixelmator 2.2, a major update of one of my favorite apps out there. This new version codenamed Blueberry has some amazing new features. Pixelmator now has a powerful vector tool, new text features, shape styles and of course really cool light leak effects. I've been playing with Pixelmator for years and I am really excited with this new version. Get ready for more Pixelmator tutorials very soon.
“We’re excited to deliver even more, easy-to-use, advanced features to our Pixelmator fans and continue to create the best and most enjoyable image editing experience,” said Saulius Dailide of the Pixelmator Team. “With new state-of-the-art Smart Shape Tools, people can fully enhance their images, create logos, Web layouts, posters, and much more, all easier than ever before.”
Pixelmator 2.2 Blueberry comes with more than 100 new features and improvements, including:
- Smart Shapes Tools, which let you quickly adjust a shape’s outline with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after;
- Shapes palette packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping;
- Shape Style palette, so you can effortlessly create more polished and advanced shapes;
- Convert Text into Shape, which allows you to convert type layers to shape layers and then easily apply gradients, shadows, strokes, or even reshape individual letters;
- Smart Move Tool, which knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you just the options you need at that time;
- Paint Selection Tool, which is the simplest and the fastest way to make even the most challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes; and
- Light Leak effect, which makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos.
Additional features include the new Color Popovers for quicker access to color swatches, new gradient presets, improved drawing tools, an improved Type Tool, the ability to copy and paste shape styles, and major performance improvements.
Pricing and Availability
Pixelmator 2.2 is available from the Mac App Store at a promotional price of $14.99.
For existing Pixelmator customers who purchased the app from the Mac App Store, the new update is free.
More information on Pixelmator and a free 30-day trial can be found at http://www.pixelmator.com
About the Pixelmator Team
Founded in 2007 by two brothers, Saulius Dailide and Aidas Dailide, the Pixelmator Team develops the most practical, fun, innovative, and easy-to-use software for Macs.
Just four short years after the company was founded, the Pixelmator Team was honored with a beautiful Apple Design Award for Pixelmator. To make it even clearer that Pixelmator is well on its way to being the best image editing app in the world, Apple named it Mac App Store App of the Year in December 2011.