Apr 12, 2013
We are proud to say that after a hiatus we're back with The World Collabs contests. We know you missed this so much, so here we are again giving you the oportunity to collaborate with great artists and compete with other great designers.
What is "The World Collabs"?
"The World Collabs" will give you the possibility to work with PSD or Ai files of established artists. TWC gives you a secret in-view in the workflow of the stars and catapults you miles forward in your journey to design heaven. This way you learn to practice with different shapes, backgrounds, patterns brushes and new styles.
Every month we will offer you an unfinished piece of an experienced and accredited graphic designer to the world.
The piece will be unfinished, so you can complete the PSD/AI-file with your very own style. This way every month you can collaborate with the best designers of the world. The final pieces will be judged by the Abduzeedo Team and the artist himself. The three best works will be rewarded with prizes.
Vectology.com is a vector community and tutorial website that is making a huge change on the the digital art field by showing to everyone that vectors are more than just tracing and solid shapes. On Vectology you can learn not only about the basic tools of illustrator, but also illustration tips and tricks that will be extremely helpful on the role creative process. This is a website that's turning the way we see vector and digital art nowadays and I recommend to everyone.
Featured artist: Human Nature 84
Mike Austin aka. Human Nature 84 is the most outstanding vector artist I ever met, he's the man behind the Vectology community and will be our artist featured on this World Collabs. Here's more about the artist on his own words:
"I graduated from Platt College of design in 2004 with a focus on graphic design. Later on in my career I began focus more on my illustration itch and began to work in the illustration field. I have a Wife and a son (and a daughter on the way). And I’m the biggest TOOL fan the world has ever known!"
Take part at the contest
This is an independent design contest with endless possibilities to finish this piece. There are just four simple steps to take part.
2. Push your creativity beyond boundaries and finish the design;
3. Submit the final image to Rawz with author's name and the link to the source.
4. Send the Rawz's link to marcostorres90[at]gmail.com , do not send the final image to the e-mail, only the hyperlink.
*By taking part at this contest you give us permission to use your image for Abduzeedo's showcases.
- Last day of submitting is Sunday, April 28th
- Don't the change size of the canvas, but feel free to rotate the image;
- Leave the logo, so we recognize it as an entry;
- Every artist can submit 1 design only;
- Let us see that it's a collaboration. We will award you for your ability to work with someone else's design.
This month Mike gave us this nice amount of elements to play with, you can download it by clicking on the image.
Want to be the next featured artists?
You think you are skilled enough to be the featured artist for the next months TWC. We follow some simple rules, when choosing a new piece.
- You are an energized designer with lot of motivation; - Your designs have your very unique style; - You only use files which are completely copyright free; If you are interested, please write an email to marcostorres90[at]gmail.com