A little conversation with Yu Cheng
Thu, 04/25/2013 - 11:19
We already featured the amazing talent of Yu Cheng on our blog and today we had the opportunity to have a little cconversation with this skillfull illustrator. So please take a sit and enjoy the interview, hope you guys get some good tips and insights from this.
You can see more of Yu Cheng illustrations at his Official Website.
1) First of all I would like to thank you for doing this interview, it's an honor for us to present more about you to our readers. I would like to start asking about how was the beginning of your career? Please show us one of your early artworks
I remember I have been passionate for drawing since being a couple of feet tall, but started my design career about 9 years ago when I graduated from university school. My first job was at a cartoon animation studio in New Zealand, I've worked as a 3D modeler and sometimes help doing some animation clip. When work for a while, I found my passion is working for concept art and more realistic art style, so when I back to Taiwan, I try to find a concept art job in games and jump into game industry to start my illustrator and concept designer life.
2) Please share a picture of your workplace and tells us more about your daily routine.
Daily Routine: Wake up, check emails > Doing research reference > Communicate with client > Go to CG resource website to see other people artworks > Drawing practice on paper > Work illustration for clients > Jogging everyday (when not raining) > Eat dinner > Still working > Take bath > Practice > Sleep…..Zzzz.
3) Beside your daily work, do you have any hobbies? Please share it with us. (Send us a picture of you while doing your hobby).
Play games…. I guess…..
4) What you think are the next steps for you as a professional and as a person? And how do you see your creative area on the next 5 years?
Hmmm……. I really don’t think that so far, I think I will still practice and paint more artwork , and hopefully I can have my art book and sell over the world to people who like my artworks.
5) Please share five golden lessons you learned to this point.
Keep healthy, do more painting.
There is no start or stop, only doing.
Wisdom is practice and doing
You always need to practice, leave in this moment, not in the future or in the past.
Be passionate, be patient.
6)What's the best thing about working on your business and what is the worst? Why?
Best thing is the clients give me a lot space to doing what I want to do.
Worst thing is the deadline is very short.
7) Do you have any heroes? What make them your heroes?
Bouguereau William , he's my favorite artist, I really really like his paintings especially his color.
8) Tell us in one picture how you're feeling about your life right now
Practice, Practice, Practice.
9) Now for some quick and short answers:
A Food: Strawberry
A Animal: Lion
A Color: Black
A Tool: Pencil, Digital pen
A Person: Parents
A Place: Taipei
A Song: Coffee Break
A Movie: Jurassic Park
A Book: To many
A Quote: Doing what you love
10) Thanks again for your time, please leave a final message for the ones who are starting out on this kind of business, tell us something we should expect.
The practice makes it perfect !