Feb 10, 2010
The building will be open only in 2011 but the project of the Qatar Convention Center already deserve being featured here. The organic shapes and structural solutions explore limits of imagination and transform a simple convention center in a master piece, a landmark of the Education City.
The QNCC is a projects from the japanese from Yamasaki Architects. They are the responsible for bringing the inovation beyond arquitectural shapes, and that is why the QNCC is the first construction of this kind to receive the Gold Certification from U.S Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED). One of the reasons for this is the concerning with the energy generation, where 12,5% from all of the generated energy will be handle by solar plaques.
QNCC’s spans over three levels consisting of:- 40, 000 m2 of exhibition space
- Conference hall for 4,000 delegates
- 2,300-seat lyric style theatre
- Three additional tiered auditoriums
- Theatre-style seating, banquet space for up to 10,000 in exhibition halls
- Total of 57 meeting rooms
- Spacious pre-function, exhibition foyers
- Luxurious lounges, hospitality suites
- Dedicated registration desks, business centre, media rooms
QNCC is located alongside elite universities, research and technology institutions in Education City, a new global hub of ideas and innovation. It is only 20 minutes away from the central business district.
More about the QNCC qatarconvention.com.