Sep 03, 2010
Abduzeedo takes pride in being one of the worlds leading design blogs. Having interviewed a bulk of the most infamous creative geniuses, we want to use our potential to introduce a new star on the Abduzeedo stage …YOU.This is our fifth contest for The World Collabs. Our new cutting edge Abduzeedo collaboration project, which will give you the possibility to collaborate and compete with the worlds leading designers and artists.
What is "The World Collabs"?
"The World Collabs" will give you the possibility to work with PSD files of established artists. TWC gives you a secret in-view in the workflow of the stars and catapults you miles forward in your journey to design heaven. This way you learn to practice with different shapes, backgrounds, patterns brushes and new styles.
Every month we will offer you an unfinished piece of an experienced and accredited graphic designer to the world.
The piece will be unfinished, so you can complete the PSD-file with your very own style. This way every month you can collaborate with the best designers of the world. The final pieces will be judged by the Abduzeedo Team and the artist himself. The three best works will be rewarded with prizes.
- 1. $ 200 (send via PayPal), an approval for an original collaboration with the artist and a feature on Abduzeedo
- 2. $ 100 (send via PayPal)
- 3. A Single Version of image editing program Pixelmator (worth 59 $)
- 4. A Depositphotos.com account with $40 Credit
- 5. A Depositphotos.com account with $40 Credit
- 6. A Depositphotos.com account with $40 Credit
- 7. A Depositphotos.com account with $40 Credit
- 8. A Depositphotos.com account with $40 Credit
SponsorDepositPhotos.com is your #1 resource for buying and selling Royalty-free photographs and vector images. Our vast library of imagestock coupled with our wide variety of flexible purchase options makes us the most convenient and profitable tool for designers, artists and photographers.
Artist of september: Nik Ainley
Nik Ainley is a UK based illustrator who produces both personal and commissioned work. He rather bizarrely taught himself Photoshop in his spare time while gaining a degree in physics at Imperial College in London. He enjoyed it so much he ditched physics and moved full time into design and illustration.
Nik is constantly trying to further his expertise in digital media, and won't stop until he has mastered all the tools he needs to fully realise his ideas. He uses whatever techniques he can get his hands on to achieve the desired effect and is happiest when learning new ways of creating graphics.
Take part at the contest
This is an independent design contest with endless possibilities to finish this piece. There are just three simple steps to take part.1. Download the PSD-File; 2. Push your creativity beyond boundaries and finish the design; 3. Send the link or the final image to aloa[at]abduzeedo.com
By taking part at this contest you give us permission to use your image for Abduzeedo's showcases.
- - Last day of submitting is september 25th;
- - Don't change size, but feel free to rotate the image;
- - Leave the logo, so we recognize it as an entry;
- - Every artist can submit 1 design only;
- - Let us see that it's a collaboration. We will award you for your ability to work with someone else's design.
Featured Design - September
Want to be the next featured artists?
You think you are skilled enough to be the featured artist for the next months TWC. We follow some simple rules, when choosing a new piece.- You are an energized designer with lot of motivation; - Your designs have your very unique style; - You only use files which are completely copyright free;
If you are interested, please write an email to aloa[at]abduzeedo.com