I don't remember how many times I have been just AMAZED by the creativity, direction, burst of inspiration every time I am diving into a project from Microsoft Design. It's just amazing and upscaling the levels each time. This time we are taking a look at their work in collaboration with a large team (watch the credits at the end of the article) on Microsoft Loop. Loop is a space to plan, think, and co-create. For the announcement of this brand new app, NotReal and Microsoft product and marketing teams created this video in collaboration. Check it out and make sure to go visit the full project on Behance.
Our approach: To get visually engaging with varied levels and depths in the frames. Looking for a fresh, young, bold, ever-flowing, diverse, vibrant and versatile tone of voice. Gradients, sleek colors and curvy lines are mixed with clean environments. The images throughout the video are energetic and sensual. We are inside a work in progress, changing and evolving. Alive.
Microsoft Loop — UX Film
Bright and layered, color over color, our color is striking, even when it lives in the neutral range. The materials leverage that. Opaque vs transparent, glossy vs matte. Bold and memorable. Diverse. Rather than monochrome and plain we play with gamma and gradients to create shades and contrasts for a burst of energy.
- Directed by NotReal
- Creative Direction: Valeria Moreiro, Milton Gonzalez
- Executive Production: Roberto Connolly
- Art Direction: Valeria Moreiro
- Animation Direction: Milton Gonzalez
- Line Producer: Lucila Mansur
- Storyboard Artist: Joana Cabrera, Martin Orza
- 3D Design: Flor Tasso, Linus Zoll, Josefina Llano, Vitor Teixeira, Philip Lück, Valeria Moreiro
- Modeling: Juan Miyagi
- 2D Design: Martin Orza, Manuela Caceres, Lu Borzi
- 3D Animation: Sergio Fuego, Oscar Pettersson, Macarena Mosquera, Phong Luong, Francisco Castro, Daniel Zucco, Milton Gonzalez
- 2D Animation: Martin Muerza, Joana Cabrera.
- Rendering: Sergio Fuego, Milton Gonzalez
- Compositing & Color Grading: Hernan Lindenbaum, Roberto Connolly, Milton Gonzalez
- Sound Design: Zelig
- Client: Microsoft
- Microsoft Team: Nando Costa, Nico Nuzzaci