Starting off our week here on Abduzeedo with the work of Andrew Popplestone on his work on the outstanding Blade Runner 2049. More precisely on his work (and cie) as creative director on the Screen Graphics & UI design, make sure to give a watch to the videos. Andrew is a creative director, titles designer and concept artist based in London, UK. If you haven't watched the movie yet, this feature won't reveal any spoilers.
Tapped to create screen graphics for Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to Ridley Scott’s iconic film, Territory Studio joined the art department in the very early stages of production. We worked closely with Director Denis Villeneuve and Supervising Art Director Paul Inglis to support storybeats, performance and context. Adopting an experimental approach, the team set out to create highly original screens. Working across 15 sets, we delivered over 100 assets for on set playback, also driving the design direction for those concepts delivered to post.
- Production Designer - Dennis Gassner
- Supervising Art Director - Paul Inglis
- Produced at Territory Studio
- Creative Director - Andrew Popplestone
- Creative Lead - Peter Eszenyi
- Producer - Gen McMahon
- Designers - Nik Hill, Ryan-Rafferty Phelan, Pedro Cyrne, Abel Reverter
- Learn more about Andrew Popplestone at andrewpopplestone.com
- Follow Andrew Popplestone on Behance
- Previous feature on ABDZ
Screen Graphics & UI Design