Designing a brand universe for a company with the level of service that Facialteam provides to transgender women required us to step up the game. The decision was very clear: KOBU™ Foundry needed to design custom typefaces to imprint this sense of uniqueness to Facialteam. Their type designer, Brígida Guerreiro, created three different typefaces: FT Headline™, FT Text™ and FT Icons™.
- FT Headline™ is a digital typeface designed to be exclusively used on titles. Its grand and elegant design is a tribute to transgender women, visually exploring the sans serif charismatic beauty. Its weight contrasts best with the embedded humanist style and allows the message to stand out.
- FT Text™ was created specifically for subtitles, body text and descriptions/captions. It is an hybrid between the grotesque and humanist styles, resulting in a perfect match for readability. Additionally it offers a set of basic and special ligatures allowing sublime typographic compositions that perfectly suit subtitles.
- FT Icons™ is a font designed to feature Facialteam’s iconography, allowing the team to easily apply the brand’s icons across print and digital touchpoints.
We needed to design custom typefaces to imprint this sense of uniqueness to Facialteam
- Creative and Art Direction Brígida Guerreiro
- Type Design Brígida Guerreiro / KOBU™ Foundry
- Iconography Design Daniel Gomes
- Photography James McCowan
- Type Specimen Brígida Guerreiro
- Models Brígida Guerreiro, Catarina Marques