Ars Thanea shared another incredible 3D project. This one is for the full CGI spot and a new visual language for the Lenovo Yoga. The starting point for them were shapes, colors, and most of all, motion. To create a beautiful movement, the folks over Ars Thanea used motion capture technology to record a real living and breathing artist whose dance was converted into an avatar whose moves you can now admire along with the smooth lines of the Lenovo Yoga laptop.
Thinner, Lighter, Faster, Brighter
Several motion design effects illustrated the main Yoga values to achieve a unique visual experience.
The product is addressed to aspiring people who appreciate beauty, beautiful design, and aesthetics. The Yoga series is intended mainly for young women, so the campaign was to have a somewhat lifestyle flavor.
Ars Thanea wanted the advertisement to absorb the viewer and introduce him to a two-color, expressive world. In this fairy-tale world of beautiful lines, they present the product with impressive detail and distinctive elements. The narrative is almost sensual, a bit enigmatic.
Luminosity plays an important role here. Their team of 3D artists working on lighting paid a lot of attention to ensuring that all the details and visual images of the renders are perfect and extremely pleasing to the eye. They guide the audience through textures, shades and shadows, raising the product to the rank of a work of art. The laptop becomes downright appetizing.
All products from the Yoga line are shown in the company of people. This human touch is a recurring theme. Ars Thanea wanted this human aspect to appear in the advertisement they created, but it had to fit our vision of extraordinary space, therefore abstract shots are intertwined with dance.
Working on this video, they used the motion capture technique by recording dancing moves deliberately for this particular spot. A professional dancer improvised by dancing to a song to become the clip's theme.
We wanted no choreography to reflect the natural flow of the artist expressing the chosen gig. The director only guided her about the different emotions to highlight them in her moves.
- Executive Creative Director: Peter Jaworowski
- Director: Bartłomiej Kalinowski
- Art Director: Maciej Mizer, Rafał Woźniak
- 3D Lead: Bartłomiej Kalinowski
- Animation, Lighting, Render: Rafał Woźniak, Sebastian Marek, Krzysztof Grudziński, Bartek Dąbkowski, Mesrop Hovhannisyan
- 3D Assets: Sebastian Marek, Rafał Woźniak
- Cloth Simulation: Sebastian Marek, Bartłomiej Kalinowski
- Motion Capture Artist: Michał Binkowski
- Motion Capture Studio: Bones
- Dancer: Michalina Rudek
- Compositing: Katarzyna Strzelczyk, Bartosz Lis
- Edit: Wojciech Włodarski
- Color Grading: Maciej Mizer
- R&D: Rafał Woźniak, Bartek Dąbkowski, Krzysztof Grudziński, Mesrop Hovhannisyan, Maciej Jutrzenka, Krzesimir Drachal
- Concept Artist: Michał Urbański
- Music & Sound Design: Smider Noise @smideragency
- Producer: Magdalena Grzesz
- Production Coordinator: Katarzyna Pawłowska
For more information make sure to check out Ars Thanea website.