Elefante is a very popular and old Brazilian brand. It's definitely part of many people's lives, including mine. I grew up seeing my mom and grandmother using the cans of tomato sauce. Despite the popularity, every brand one day will be in need of an update. Carlos Teles, Mila Kodaira, Leandro Strobel and Interbrand challenge was to show to new generations (that are now interested in cooking) how tomato sauce is a practical product, made with only three known ingredients: tomato, sugar and salt.
We have brought a new way to talk about all that Elefante believes. Now, Elefante tells and participates of the stories that gather people together.
The new logotype is modern and clean, besides that it was designed to remind an elephant body, with clumsy terminals and bold structure. By the way, they updated Jotalhão, character created by Maurício de Souza, and adopted by Elefante brand since 1979. Finally, the visual identity explores the idea of the intensity and concentration of tomatoes inside the package, and this is reflected in all its visual language, with the letters always together and the warm colors.
We understood that people lost connection with family and close friends. So we created Elefante as a brand that gather people around the table. The brand repositioned itself to make people more involved with food and we updated its identity and started to talk right to the customer, like equals.
Branding and Packaging Design
- Project by Interbrand São Paulo
- Creative Director: Sergio Cury
- Design manager: Leandro Strobel
- Visual Identity and Packaging: Carlos Teles, Camila Kodaira
- Verbal Identity: Giovanna Marques, Pedro Kastelic
- Brand Strategy: Ivo Costa, Daniela Klepacz
- Brand vídeo: Estudio Histeria!
- Typography consulting: Fabio Haag
- Packaging rollout: José Rago
- Packaging photos: Luana Motta
- Packaging mockups: Mazola Rímoli
- Character Design (Jotalhão): Maurício de Souza Produções