Let's end this week with a project all about a colourful branding and typography for the 2017 edition of Birger Jarl. When it comes to vibrant colours, nobody else comes to mind than the work of Radim Malinic aka Brand Nu.
atelier d'alves, Natanael Gama, Joana Correia, and Cátia Lima shared za branding and visual identity project for The Zero Hotels. The design approach for the visual identity picks up the cubist aesthetics of these capsule rooms. Based on straight and simple lines, the custom font also reflects the geometry of their architectural style. Consistent with the typography, the iconography and all other design elements were also created for size independent positioning.
The Zero Hotels is a hotel chain which refurbishes old buildings with the help of a modular system to create distinctive interiors. The first hotel of this kind was built in a former bank building in Porto, where wooden boxes serve as minimalist guest rooms.
- Red Dot Award 2019, Graphis Silver Award, Communication Arts 19, CCP Bronze Award
- Architecture: Gonçalo Queirós
- Creative and project manager: Joana Gomes
- Art direction: Sérgio Alves
- Designer: Cátia Lima, Sérgio Alves
- With collaboration: José Cardoso
- Type designers: Joana Correia, Natanael Gama
- Web design: João Jesus, Frederico Sarmento
- Production: Minerva, Tommasino
- Website: The Zero Hotels