Andrew Popplestone shared an awesome motion design case study for the Sky Sports rebrand. As part of the successful Sky Sports rebrand, Sky Creative Advertising tapped Territory to design new opening titles and content for the dedicated Super League channel.
With a vision to celebrate Sky's coverage of the sport with fresh energy, the brief included a 45 second opening title sequence for Sky Sports Super League, a 20 second generic Rugby League sequence and multiple bumpers. Designed to tie in with Sky Sports rebranding and its emphasis on personality, Territory was asked to push beyond genre conventions with a modern twist on the spirit of the game. The result is a highly stylised 2D cel animation that features a dynamic collage of all the Super League team mascots. Created to tell the story of the battle for the championship, the title sequence conveys the energy, drama and passion of the sport.
RUGBY LEAGUE Sequence Frames
SUPER LEAGUE Sequence Frames
- Produced at Territory Studio
- Creative Director - Andrew Popplestone
- Lead CG Artists - Sam Munnings & Ashley Pay
- Lead 2D Artist - Javier Ren
- Producer - Joy Whilby
- Sky Sports
- Executive Creative Director - Ceri Sampson
- Design Director - Chris Sharpe
- Senior Designer - Brad Le Riche
- Senior Producer - Sophie Brooks